For parents looking to hire an Au Pair through the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Exchange Visitor Program, a Designated Sponsor Organization can facilitate a placement. To view the current list of approved sponsor organizations, visit the U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program website.
Find Au Pairs
For families looking for a nanny, babysitter or other in-home childcare providers and domestic caregivers, the National Nannies network is available to help.
Recruiting, screening and hiring caregivers independently has never been easier. Through the largest network of care related sites, parents can find the right caregiver for their family.
- Sign up for a free account at NannyPro.com or any one of our National Nannies websites.
- Complete and submit a family application. It’s important to remember that the family application gives you the opportunity to present your family and your care giving needs to job seekers. When you provide honest and specific information about your family and care giving needs, you’re more likely to target candidates that are a suitable match. Remember, this is your chance to make a first impression to potential care givers and in most cases, this is your only chance.
- Review caregiver profiles. Look for candidates who have what it takes to meet your care giving expectations. Look for experienced, highly recommended caregivers and those who have childcare training or have passed the INA Nanny Credential Exam.
- Connect! Use our built in communication tools to keep your personal information private. Email within our network and only share your personal information when you’re ready.
- Screen. Use our automated background checks to conduct a thorough background screening on the candidates you’re most interested in. Be sure to check references and conduct phone and in person interviews as well.
- Hire. Once you’ve found the right caregiver for your family, use our tools and resources to start your employment relationship off on the right foot. Create a written work agreement, learn about your legal and tax responsibilities and discover how to have a healthy and happy employment relationship.
National Nannies takes the integrity and security of our caregiver and family database very seriously and have a manual review in place for new applicants.