Whether you’re looking for short-term, last minute or back-up childcare, having a prescreened pool of babysitters at the ready can be a real stress buster.
Babysitters are hired by parents to keep their children safe and to meet their immediate needs while the children are in their care. Unlike nannies who provide more intensive, longer-term care and Au Pairs who tend to serve as mothers’ helpers, babysitters provide supervisory care and closely follow the care giving instructions the parents provide.
But even if a babysitter is going to be providing short-term on one-time care, she still should be properly screened and vetted. Anyone providing childcare should undergo an intensive screening process prior to providing care.
For many parents, finding a suitable babysitter is a difficult task. While years ago family used to live close enough to pinch hit when childcare was an issue, today that’s no longer the case. And with more and more mothers working outside of the home, finding neighbor or friend to provide coverage is problematic.
Enter online nanny and sitter recruiting services that help families and sitters connect. National Nannies is the largest network of online care sites and over 15 years of matching experience and has helped hundreds of thousands of parents and caregivers meet their match.
While there are babysitting services available, many charge high daily placement rates, in addition o the sitter’s hourly wage, which makes securing a caregiver on short notice unaffordable. Most online recruiting sites not only offer free trials, but their paid memberships cost less than or are comparable to the fees agencies charge for per day sitter placements.
For busy parents searching for a babysitter on their schedule, whether from the comfort of their own home or in the carpool lane at elementary school, is the easiest way for them to find viable childcare candidates.
Whether you’re looking for back-up care or everyday care, turn to the National Nannies network for help.
With online sitter recruiting sites like NannyPro.com, GoNannies.com and eNannySource.com:
- The legwork is done for you. Online recruiting sites round up a variety of local sitters and make it easy to assess job seekers in your area.
- Background checks are streamlined. Background checks are part of the process with online sites. Parents have the opportunity to order background checks on those candidates they’re interested in, typically from within the site.
- Sitters with skills are easier to locate. Since online databases have extensive search features, finding candidates with skills you’re looking for is a snap.
- Finding a sitter who is within your price range is simpler. With online sites, there’s no guessing when it comes to how much a sitter charges. Say goodbye to interviewing sitters only to learn they’re out of your price range.
- You are in the driver’s seat. With online sites you don’t have to rely on others to help you find your match. You’re in control of your search criteria and response time.
- It’s an alternative to referrals. Personal referrals are great, but they are not always available. For parents who don’t have a network who can readily recommend sitters, online sites meet a real need.
- Get to know a candidate before you call. Awkward interviews become a thing of the past with online sites. With online sites, you get to review the candidate’s information prior to initiating contact.
- Ruling out incompatible candidates is a lot easier. With online searches, you can quickly tell if a candidate is allergic to dogs or isn’t comfortable caring for more than two children.
- Mature candidates are readily available. Although some people are comfortable with hiring young babysitters, many aren’t. This type of service allows you to focus on sitters that are 18 years of age or older, depending on site guidelines, if that’s your preference,
- You can fit a lot of research into a short period of time. Let’s face it: Most people are extremely busy. At the same time, it is important to take the time to find the best sitter. Sites like NannyPro.com allow you to maximize your search and screening time by providing you the information and resources you need to make an educated and informed hiring decision.
For families, finding a good babysitter is like striking gold. It takes a little searching, a little digging and a whole lot of not giving up, but when you see the sparkle, you know the effort was to find it was well worth it.